You have two weeks of vacation and are interested in…
Sentosa Island is the place where locals and expats alike escape to when they want to get out of the city and enjoy some leisure activities, the beach or hop on a rollercoaser-ride in the Universal Studios. No wonder this places calls itself the „State of Fun“.
Singapore’s resort island is actually just a short drive out of the financial district and the perfect place for a little weekend escape or a day trip for everyone: singles, couples or families who want to enjoy some time out.
Hidden away in Sentosa Cove you will find the W Singapore. Since my first stay at the W Bangkok I fell in love with their fun concept and the exceptional design- a perfect place for globetrotters like me.
As you walk into the W Singapore- Sentosa Cove you will be welcomed by the W’s signature scent and some funky music. The design of each individual W Hotel always seizes to amaze.
The W Singapore is an oasis of modern luxury that combines urban chic with elements inspired by Singapore and its surroundings. For example the Orchid- Singapore’s national flower is something you will find throughout the hotel as patterns on the carpet or abstract floral wall motifs.
We got to stay in the Fabulous Room with a great view over the WET pool and the marina with all the impressive yachts lying there. Once we got to the room we got surprised with a sweet little welcome treat consisting of cupcakes and the famous Singapore Sling.
The room with its 40 square meters is really spacious and offers all the comforts you could wish for and has some nice little extras like a Bose sound system, an iPod docking station and mood lighting that can be changed to create a completely different atmosphere. Step out on the balcony and relax a little.
Singapore has a warm, tropical climate throughout the year so you will have the chance to enjoy the outdoor WET swimming pool whenever coming here. It is actually open for 24 hours so whether you want to go for a late night dip or a morning swim both is possible. Stay and play at the WET pool bar where you can order some fresh juices, cocktails and snacks.
Other facilities include the well-equipped 24 hour gym and the spa where you can relax from everyday life.
If you feel hungry they got you covered. The lavish breakfast buffet which is served at the The Kitchen Table will offer something for every palate. There is the Asian corner where you can get noodle soup, congee and the delicious laksa. Of course you will also find the usual breakfast favorites like pancakes, omelet and a great selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, salads etc.
Here you can also enjoy lunch and dinner.
The SKIRT restaurant specializes in sea food, meats and other remarkable dishes prepared on a wood-burned grill.
After that go for a cocktail at the WOO-Bar and listen to the tunes of the in-house DJ.
If you feel like going out to see the many attractions Sentosa island has to offer, you can take the complimentary shuttle bus of the hotel that brings you to quite a few of these and also has stops in the city centre of Singapore making sure you are well connected.
One thing is sure- you won’t get bored on Sentosa Island.
- The Universal Studios are one of the most popular attractions with lots of fun rides and the movie sets of our favorites.
- If you are more of a beach bum make sure to head to Sentoa’s 3.7 km stretch of sandy white beaches. Palawan beach is especially interesting with a hanging bridge connecting the beach with a small island- also known as the most Southern point of Continental Asia. Make sure to head up the stairs to the viewpoint.
- Relax in the Tanjong Beach Club and nip on a cocktail while enjoying the sun. The swimming pool or the beach invite to go for a dip.
- Did you know that you can find the Merlion- Singapore’s symbol here on the island? The statue is very impressive with its 37 meters and you should definitely pay a visit in order to get some good holiday snaps.
- Another popular attraction is the Singapore Cable Car offering a stunning 360° visit of the the Southern precinct.
Enjoy your little break on Sentosa Island.
More on: http://www.wsingaporesentosacove.com